Connecting people to nature, improving lives, opportunities & aspirations
Get in Touch
Feel free to contact Wild Elements with any bookings, questions, projects, collaborative partnerships or feedback about any of our services via:
Rivendell Building, Bangor University Treborth Botanic Garden, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2RQ
You are here: FAQs
A: Wild Elements is a local not-for-profit organisation and community interest company (CIC) focussing on the environment, education, people, communities and nature. Our mission is to get people of all ages outdoors and connecting them to nature, improving their lives, opportunities and aspirations.
Wild Elements works across the 6 north Wales counties, largely in deprived areas. We offer a wide range of bespoke services, which are flexible, fun, educational, and designed to meet the needs of our target audiences.
All profits raised through our services are reinvested into the organisation to ensure Wild Elements can continue enriching local communities and helping individuals benefit in areas such as communication, confidence, employability and life prospects in the long-term.
A: All sorts for every age! Wild Elements provides a wide range of bespoke activities and provisions for schools, corporate businesses (NEW!), families, individuals of all ages, communities and community groups, including:
- Corporate provisions - Team Building, ROOTS (staff wellbeing and sickness absence reduction) and Greener Footprints (carbon footprint reduction)
- Non-accredited and accredited training and qualifications in Horticulture, Conservation, Environment, Budgeting, Confidence, Teamworking and H&S
- Employability and volunteering opportunities
- Outdoor learning programmes and STEM-based education programmes for primary and secondary schools and children’s groups
- Sensory gardens and community gardens
- Wilding greenspaces
- Community events, festivals, fun days and nature-based family activities across north Wales
- Woodland birthday parties ADULT (NEW) and CHILD
- Outdoor playschemes, children’s holiday clubs and Natures Playgroup
- Beach & Forest School
- Hands-on gardening sessions
- Community projects and outreach
- Bushcraft Archery, den building, outdoor cooking, tracking, foraging, campcraft
- Partnership projects
- Nature connection experiences
- Science clubs
- Job Club
A: Our office opening hours are 9.00am-5.00pm Monday to Friday. Wild Elements services are available at any time of any day, including weekends and bank holidays.
A: The Wild Elements office is based in Bangor University’s Treborth Botanic Garden (address below), though the organisation works across several sites throughout north Wales.:
Wild Elements Office
Treborth Botanic Garden
A: Book via email, phone, Facebook, Twitter or the contact us page providing the following information:
- Which bespoke session/s or service/s you are interested in
- Any requirements (e.g. location, activities, adaptations/adjustments)
- Your contact details
- Number of participants and their age range
- Preferred dates and times
We’ll check our availability and contact you to discuss further details.
A: Forest School and Beach School programmes take place over a minimum of 6 weeks and are booked by schools and children’s groups (e.g. brownies, scouts, youth clubs). If you would like your child to attend a Forest or Beach School programme, contact your local school or group leader and pass on our details.
A: BACS, PayPal, cheque and cash
- BACS: Please contact Wild Elements via phone or email and we will provide you with the relevant information.
- PayPal: Additional charges apply.
- Cash: Please do not send cash by post. If you wish to pay with cash, please visit the office prior to the date of the session to make your payment. It is highly recommended that you phone us on 07799 566533 before visiting to make sure a member of staff is in the office to greet you.
- Cheque: Please make cheques payable to “WILD ELEMENTS CIC” and send the cheque along with a printed copy of the completed online booking form to the address below before the date of the session.
Wild Elements Office
Treborth Botanic Garden
A: Fees are generally not refunded due to sickness or last-minute cancellation, though we may offer an alternative session and reserve the right to use our discretion depending on circumstances. Cancellations within a week before the playscheme will not be eligible for a refund. View our full cancellation policy
A: A raincoat, waterproofs, warm clothing, gloves, sturdy footwear and a change of clothes are essential in case of bad weather. Please try to avoid denim as this holds water. Packed lunch, drinks and snacks are also required.
N.B – Please do not bring phones, MP3 devices, or electronic/digital devices as Wild Elements does not take responsibility for any lost or damaged items during a playscheme.
A: More than likely! Wild Elements embraces the outdoors come rain, shine or snow. In the case of extreme weather conditions, sessions may be cancelled due to health and safety. Follow Wild Elements on social media for updates during bad weather or contact us.
A: Not if you would prefer a Woodland Wood-fired Birthday Pizza! Children can make their own woodland woodfired pizzas as a chosen activity for the 3-4 hour birthdays and S’mores are part of the closing ceremony. If you don’t want woodland wood-fired birthday pizza, you will need to provide your own food. Party food can be brought on site an hour before the party starts.
A: Yes, we do – and they’re filled with natural, educational, upcycled and home-made items or activities! You can choose from party bags for ages 0-3, 4-11 and 12+. Party bags are priced at £2-£5 per child.
A: Yes, you can! Providing you pay the full price of the birthday party or deposit beforehand and let us know approximate numbers, we will accept cash or cheque on the day for pizzas and/or party bags. Book your party here.
A: KS1, KS2 and KS3, as well as adults and young people! We tailor sessions and subject matter to the needs, levels and abilities of any class or group and adapt sessions to cover any specific topics required.
Subject matter is taught through a mixture of hands-on classroom and outdoor-based experiences, exercises, experiments and games, carried out in groups and individually.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
A: Bespoke sessions means bespoke prices! Costs vary depending on the session length, activities involved, number of attendees and demographics of people attending the session. Discounts are provided for multiple bookings. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we understand budgets are tight during times of austerity and offer discounts for multiple bookings, charities and third-sector organisations. We also do our best to work within the budget of anyone wishing to book a session with us. Please Contact us with your budget requirements and we will accommodate where we can.
A: Because of our ethics, our ethos and our impact, not to mention our highly qualified, passionate and experienced team and the work we carry out with children, adults, schools and communities! more…
By choosing Wild Elements, you are supporting local and disadvantaged communities, adults, children, nature and the environment whilst helping a local grass-roots organisation continue its wonderful work. How? As a not-for-profit organisation and community interest company (CIC), all profits we raise are ploughed back into the organisation to ensure Wild Elements can continue enriching communities across north Wales and helping individuals benefit in areas such as communication, confidence, employability and life prospects in the long-term.